Home / About Arden Grange / Philosophy & Ethics
About Us: Philosophy & Ethics
Arden Grange is dedicated to providing the best nutrition for your pet. All Arden Grange Super Premium products are:
- Proud to remain an independent, family owned company
- Hypoallergenic - Free from wheat, beef, soya and dairy products
- Made using Chicken, Salmon and Lamb
- Made using traceable, sustainable food stocks
- Supportive of our local farmers as much as possible
- Not tested on animals in invasive research projects
- Free from added sugar or salt
- Naturally preserved
- Not genetically modified ingredients
- Manufactured in the UK
- Free from artificial colourings, flavourings and preservatives
- Boosted with Prebiotics - FOS & MOS to help enhance the immune system
- Contain added antioxidants - Cranberry, vitamin E, Yucca and rosemary extract to help protect the immune system
- Enriched with Omega 3, glucosamine and chondroitin along with MSM for healthy skin and joints
Transparency of Labelling
Arden Grange pet foods are labelled in accordance with strict legislation imposed by the Pet Food Manufacturers’ Association (PFMA) and Trading Standards for the retail sale of animal feeds. All packaging includes a full ingredients list and typical analysis. We name each and every one of our ingredients on our packaging and do not hide behind generalised ingredient groups. This ensures that the label is a true representative of what is inside the bag.
Maintaining Ingredient Levels
Some nutrient levels are reduced by the cooking processes used in the manufacture of pet foods. These losses have duly been calculated, with additional volumes added to account for them. The typical analysis and ingredients listings are therefore a true representation of the percentages of nutrients present in the diet.
Not Tested on Animals Guarantee
At Arden Grange we were disappointed to hear that the “Not Tested on Animals Pet Food Standard” set by the BUAV is being discontinued.
We felt that this endorsement allowed to us to further communicate and support our own company policy and principles regarding animal testing.
We would like to take this opportunity to reassure all our customers, suppliers and the general public that our products and product ranges continue to meet the very high requirements previously set by the BUAV.
As a result, and because we feel so strongly regarding this matter, we have developed our own “Not Tested on Animals Guarantee”. This continues on from the strict criteria that we met when the BUAV ‘Not Tested on Animals Standard’ was in practice.
Our guarantee, together with our company policy, affirms we have not and never will fund any invasive research projects conducted in relation to the development or refinement of pet foods manufactured or sold by our company. Nor would we be party to any act that could be deemed harmful or injurious to animals.
From now on our new Arden Grange "Not Tested on Animals Guarantee” logo above will be prominently displayed on all our packaging and marketing materials.
Can’t find a particular topic you are looking for? Please feel free to contact us