how to make healthy homemade christmas cupcakes for your dog
Christmas is time for giving and being with friends and family, which for many of us includes our beloved dogs.
This Christmas treat them to their own special cupcakes, handmade with love.
Created by our very own nutrition advisor and registered Vet Nurse, Ness this yummy recipe is bound to get tails wagging.
These treats are delicious and, as with all Arden Grange recipes, they are free from the most common dietary allergens.
- 300g of liver, trimmed and diced
- 75g gluten-free self-raising flour
- One large egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- One small garlic clove
- Grated carrot or apple are a great addition for the top
- This recipe (without the icing) can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days. Larger batches can be frozen and defrosted for use when needed.
- It is important that dogs get a balanced diet. Liver is high in vitamin A, so give in moderation.
- Don’t forget to reduce your dog’s daily food allowance to allow for the extra calories treats provide. As a rough guide you can expect a medium cupcake to contain approx. 120 kcals (without toppings).
- For dogs who require fat restriction, the oil can be substituted with fat-free cottage cheese and an extra egg white.