Is your dog on the good list? Try our recipe for baking healthy, delicious cupcakes for your dog this Christmas and decorate with Arden Grange treats!
Tuesday 14th December 2021
Christmas is time for giving and being with friends and family, which for many of us includes our beloved dogs.
- - 300g of liver, trimmed and diced
- - 75g gluten-free self-raising flour
- - One large egg
- - 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- - One small garlic clove
- - Grated carrot or apple are a great addition for the top
- Put the liver, egg, olive oil and garlic in a blender and turn on. When the mixture is reasonably smooth, tip it out into a mixing bowl and add the flour until the mixture is of flap-jack type consistency.
- Spoon your mixture into a cupcake tin, lined with paper cases (remove cases before serving!).
- Cook in a preheated oven at about 180 degrees C for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool – out of reach of your doggy friends because they will raid it!
- If desired, ice with a dollop of Arden Grange Tasty Liver Treat and decorate with either grated apple or carrot, or treats such as Arden Grange Crunchy Bites.
- - This recipe (without the icing) can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days. Larger batches can be frozen and defrosted for use when needed.
- - It is important that dogs get a balanced diet. Liver is high in vitamin A, so give in moderation.
- - Don’t forget to reduce your dog’s daily food allowance to allow for the extra calories treats provide. As a rough guide you can expect a medium cupcake to contain approx. 120 kcals (without toppings).
- - For dogs who require fat restriction, the oil can be substituted with fat-free cottage cheese and an extra egg white.